Snickerdoodle Macaron Filling
This snickerdoodle macaron filling recipe is always a favorite in the winter. I sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the shells to really match the flavor of the classic snickerdoodle cookie.
Cinnamon + Sugar
Make sure you sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the macarons right after you pipe and hit the trays on the table. If you let the macarons dry first, the mixture won’t stick. I use 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
+ A Special Ingredient
I added melted white chocolate to this filling to give it a real creamy texture. You can melt the white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave, or use a double boiler on the stove. You can make your own double boiler by using something like this over a pot of water, or you can just fit any heat safe bowl onto a pan of water on the stove. Just be very careful when removing the bowl after the chocolate is melted. The bowl and the steam will be very hot!
And as always, this snickerdoodle macaron filling recipe goes best with these classic macaron shells.
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces white chocolate chips (a little over ⅓ cup)
- a pinch of salt
- Melt white chocolate chips. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Using the paddle attachment in a stand mixer, add the butter and powdered sugar and whip together until combined and pretty fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Turn the mixer on low, scraping down the sides occasionally. Once the ingredients are combined, turn it up to high and beat until fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to medium low and slowly add the white chocolate. Whip again until fluffy.
- Put the filling into a piping bag and pipe onto macaron shells.
- Sandwich a macaron shell on top and refrigerate.
If you’re struggling to consistently make great macarons, check out my step by step macaron course. It’s an easy French macaron recipe that provides consistent results. There’s an option for a detailed guide and an option where you’ll get the guide and a video course. Check it out here.